Monday 23 November 2009

Our website is now 'live'

I have just finished updating the Orchard Grove IT website, which now reflects what we do rather more accurately than it did previously.

It was rather scary deleting all of the old files off the web server before uploading the new content, but the upgrade went without a hitch.

It's not a very "high-tech" site, as I wanted to get some content out there fairly quickly, so that we have a credible web presence. All of the HTML and CSS has been properly validated. A tedious task, but worthwhile as it means the risk of problems with the pages is kept to an absolute minimum.

When time permits, it will be upgraded. I have downloaded Joomla on to a test server and whilst it looks pretty daunting, my first impressions though are pretty favourable. It will probably just be a matter of a combination of playing about and RTFM. However, before I can do that, I need to finish coding some modifications to David Pentland's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment