Saturday 19 December 2009

Symfony

An exciting couple of days have just passed. I had a great telephone conference call with a business associate about a new project. It's something that will keep us busy for a good few months.
The need for a decent development framework is now even more pressing, so yesterday afternoon, I downloaded and installed the most recent supported version of the Symfony framework.
Installation was fairly straightforword: just a case of RTFM and taking my time. The one slight problem I had was getting the apache virtual host directives to work properly. These were sorted out this morning - I was tired and forgotten to change a couple of parameters that appeared in the vanilla directives given in the Symfony manuals. I had also forgotten to add an entry into my /etc/hosts file.

It was quite a surprise to find and fix the problems so quickly as one of our dogs ate something unpleasant (fox or cat poo) a day or two ago. Since then she's had a bit of an upset tummy which came to a head at bedtime. Standing at the back door at 2:00am when it's -2C waiting for a dog to relieve herself for the umpteenth time isn't conducive to a good night's sleep. She's a bit quiet at the moment and probably very hungry as all she's had is a tablespooon of rice for breakfast.

Anyway, time for a(nother) cup of restorative coffee and a shower.
Once I'm fairly compus-mentis, I have Christmas presents to wrap and I want to have a go at making a Stollen.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment